Is my product eligible for Cradle to Cradle Certified® certification?
Materials, sub-assemblies and finished products are eligible for certification.
The following products are excluded:
- Food, beverages, and other products intended for ingestion.
- Pharmaceuticals, including products and substances for which claims of a pharmaceutical nature are made.
- Medical devices and products for which specialized biocompatibility testing is required that is not included in the Cradle to Cradle Certified Material Health Assessment Methodology.
- Products that are or contain live multicellular organisms.
- Fuels and other products intended for combustion during use.
- Products that are contrary to the intent of the Cradle to Cradle principles, including weapons and tobacco.
For a full overview of product eligibility, please read this document.
We assess your product and production process
The experts of the C2C Platform work with you to gather the necessary information with regards to:
- The complete chemical and material composition of the product.
- The recycling potential of the different components of the product.
- Renewable energy supply and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Water and soil stewardship, protection, and availability.
- The application of fair and equitable business practices.
We work with specialized partners to assess the material health aspects of your product. Throughout this process, we continue to act as single point of contact for our clients and their suppliers.
We create a certification file
The C2C Platform assembles an Assessment Summary Report, which we send to the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. The Institute reviews the report to ensure completeness and accuracy.
You receive the Cradle to Cradle Certified® certificate
After a positive evaluation, the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute decides on the final certification as well as the level of certification and grants you the use of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® mark.
The Institute will then work with you to include the product in the Cradle to Cradle Certified Products Registry.
We help you leverage the C2C Certified® certification of your product in your marketing and communication
The Cradle to Cradle Certified® Product Standard is globally recognized as a preferred product standard for responsible purchasing.
We help you integrate the C2C Certified certification and Product Scorecard in your communication and marketing strategy.
We support the further improvement of your products.
The Cradle to Cradle Certified® certification is valid for two years. After obtaining the certificate, we can support you in optimizing your product in line with the continuous improvement principle of the C2C Certified Product Standard.